Do you miss having a good business conversation?
Each Tuesday, the ‘Virtual Coffee Catch-up’ is live on Zoom. There is no pitch or agenda and no strings attached; let’s just chat. The floor is open to all. Do you have an insight to share? Join in when you can and leave when you must. Read more…
How to relax and be confident on Zoom
A body language expert who’s worked with the likes of Google points out that body language influences how we feel and the feelings we generate in others, even during video-conferencing. Read more…
How to create another income stream in 30 days
Inspired by The Money Tree, the new book by Chris Guillebeau, the intrepid people from AIEA have created an Australian thinktank / workshop where members help each other to design, build and run their online revenue generators. Read more…
Here’s who’s hiring right now
Some industries, from government services to food production, are hiring to meet coronavirus-related demand. The three industries most likely to be hiring right now are IT, healthcare, and finance, according to LinkedIn data. Read more…
Strapped for cash: Coronavirus is changing the way we pay
The amount of cash withdrawn from ATMs has plunged by nearly a third since the coronavirus outbreak as the crisis changes the way consumers pay. The switch away from cash is set to accelerate the trend towards alternative payment methods including online purchases, tap cards, smartphones and buy now pay later. Read more…
Hunger Pandemic: The COVID-19 Effect on Global Food Insecurity
While COVID-19 is dominating headlines, another kind of emergency is threatening the lives of millions of people around the world—food insecurity. In a few months, authorities estimate that upwards of 265 million people could be on the brink of starvation globally, almost double the current rate of crisis-level food insecurity. View now…
What if you don’t want to go back to the office?
Now that millions of employees have dipped their toes into the world of remote work, a decent portion of them may not want to go back once coronavirus-related restrictions ease up. Some 60% of U.S. workers told Gallup that they'd prefer to work from home. Read more…
Can I make my employees download and use the COVIDSafe app?
Many employers will want their employees to download COVIDSafe to help protect the health and safety of their workforce, customers/clients and the wider community. However, they cannot ‘require’ employees (or any other person) to do so Read more…
Almost a third of part-time workers are looking for a new job, but most don’t think recruiters will respond.
This is a gauge to understand how people are feeling across three core areas: their ability to get and keep a job; to improve their financial situations, and to advance in their careers. Read more…
One-liners from the Internet
- Change is inevitable, except from a parking meter.
- Children in the back-seat cause accidents, accidents in the back-seat cause children!
- Chocolate doesn’t ask any questions. Chocolate simply understands.
- Come over to the dark side…we’ve got candy.
- Confessions may be great for your soul, but they are hell for your reputation.
- Dear Maths Exercise Book, kindly grow up finally and solve your own problems!
- Dental-Chair Revelation: Once you have your mouth open, dentists lose the ability to ask questions with a simple yes or no answer
- Did you see (or possibly get) a bad hairdo?
- Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
- Do not let your mind wander too much. It is too small for you to let it out alone.
Your Coronavirus Bonus
- If you have a glass of wine in each hand, you can’t touch your face
- The New Normal will be Abnormal
- I didn't see COVID 1 through 18, so I don't really know what this is all about.
- Not muting your mic is the new ‘reply all’
- I already ate all my quarantine snacks
- I feel like Nature has sent us all to our rooms for being assholes
- Has anybody let the Amish know what’s going on yet?
- What a bloody year this week has been
- I now have 2 verses of ‘Happy Birthday’ down to 12 seconds
Join the group that creates new money sources
The Australasian Interim Executive Association Pty Ltd (AIEA) was founded in 2013 as a professional organisation for interim executives that are recognised for their practical, hands-on skills and a broad understanding of the total business environment.
You can use your email address to log-in to www.aiea.org.au and update your preferences.
If you're sick of hearing from me and no longer want to receive valuable tips, resources and insider information on the world of Interim Management, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link below. No hard feelings!
This newsletter was curated by Mal Walker, Phone 1800 346 343
Australasian Interim Executive Association. ABN: 65 162 784 143