Brisbane, Networking - Kevan Sangster BAIEA and Fiona Cochran on 'Interim Management Market Update, and how to position yourself for opportunities in this market'
We will be providing an update to the Interim management market in Queensland from a recruiter’s perspective. Fiona and Kevan will focus on trends, current developments and areas of growth in the interim management market. They will also highlight how you can best position yourself on social media and proactively attract the opportunities you want to work on. Book Online…
Most entrepreneurs aren’t OK: Australia’s small business mental health crisis
Mental illness is a daily tragedy in Australia, and for our 2.2 million small businesses, the issue has reached a crisis point that demands urgent action. The prevalence of mental health issues among small business owners in Australia is more than double the national average. Read more…
The $86 Trillion World Economy in One Chart
This visualization charts the most recent composition of the global economic landscape. The data in the diagram and table below come from the World Bank’s latest update, published in July 2019.View online…
What's A Mental Model? Your Shortcut to Being More Productive, More Often
Everyone has their own way of looking at the world. The way you view your world and everything in it (yourself, your job, your relationships, your goals…literally everything) is unique—you’re experiencing it through a lens typically constructed from a mix of your beliefs, experiences, biases, and opinions. But that lens? It’s not always the clearest way to look at things. Read More…
Climate Smart Mining: Minerals for Climate Action
Renewable technologies are going to create a huge demand for minerals. The World Bank is working to mitigate mining's impact. Read more…
The Global Fibre Optic Network Explained
As we scroll through Instagram or cue up another episode on Netflix, most of us give little thought to the hidden network of fibre optic cables that instantaneously shuttle information around the globe. This TED-Ed video explains how fibre optic cables work and introduces the next generation of cables that could drastically increase the speed of data transmission. View now…
One-liners from the Internet
- Sorry for the mean, awful, accurate things I said.
- I’m sorry, if you were right, I’d agree with you.
- I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.
- Doing nothing is hard, you never know when you're done.
- If two wrongs don't make a right, try three.
- I am not lazy; I am on energy saving mode.
- I am on a seafood diet. I see food, and I eat it.
- Alcohol! Because no great story started with someone eating a salad.
- I don't need a hair stylist; my pillow gives me a new hairstyle every morning.
- Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.