Join us on Friday 17th May at the Brisbane Networking Breakfast when Keith Bailey FAIEA presents 'Advisory Boards - Who Needs Them?'
Whether a business is a start-up, well-established, underperforming or in distress, the CEO, business owner and even a formal Board of Directors need access to expertise and independent thinking to thrive or even survive. One way to develop and implement a plan or alternatives is to set up a Board of Advisors appropriate to the challenge. Keith Bailey is an active Board Advisor and a Strategy and Change Specialist and works with Boards of Directors and with specialist Board of Advisors..... Read more
Which Countries Are Set to Attract the Highest Skilled Workers from Abroad?
Whether we’re talking about a giant like Google or a start-up that needs a visionary to shape products of the future, innovative companies require access to high-skilled workers to stay ahead of their competition. This infographic breaks down the top 25 countries in attracting high-skilled workers..... Read more
Bloody Clever Discovery
My daughter Tara is a medical research scientist and recently returned from Dresden to re-join the Queensland Brain Institute at UQ. She’s much smarter than me. Here is an article on her current research, together with the way the press reported it. .... Read more .... Read more
How can my Mobile Number be Transferred and Stolen Without my Consent?
Mobile number fraud occurs when someone steals your personal information to transfer your mobile number to them without your consent. Your stolen mobile number can then be used to receive SMS codes, allowing the scammer to gain access to services such as your bank, email and social media accounts and other services..... Read more
Proof That the Most Successful Entrepreneurs Are Older Ones
Here’s refreshing news for boomers and Gen Xers, especially women considering starting businesses after 50. When it comes to launching a successful business, youth is not the magic elixir. .... Read more
Today the Sunshine Coast; tomorrow the World
We sent out the call for people to step up to run AIEA in other locations. Peter Diezmann, a long-term Fellow of AIEA, is the first and will establish AIEA on the Sunshine Coast, with others to follow shortly. .... Read more
What Happens in an Internet Minute in 2019?
During an average workday, a single minute might seem negligible. If you’re lucky, a minute might buy you enough time to write a quick email, grab a coffee from the break room, or make small talk with a co-worker. This infographic aggregates the online activity of billions of people globally, to see what an internet minute looks like. .... Read more
Ten One-Liners from the Internet:1. The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.
2. The human brain is a wonderful thing. It starts working the moment you are born, and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.
3. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
4. Strangers have the best candy.
5. Rap is to music as Etch-A-Sketch is to art.
6. Men are like mascara, they usually run at the first sign of emotion.
7. Trust but verify.
8. The difference between divorce and legal separation is that a legal separation gives a husband time to hide his money.
9. WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may cause you to think you can sing.
10. The last time I was inside a woman was when I went to the Statue of Liberty.