It’s clear now that COVID-19 is having an enormous impact on us all. First and foremost, we’re worried about our health, the health of our loved ones, and for our local community and society in general.
And then we realize the potential impact on our livelihoods. Not just the direct impact today, but the ripple effect that’s running through the broader economy. It might have been when the event cancellations started. It might have been when clients started cancelling work that had been promised. Or it might have been when the government had to shut down many local businesses.
Regardless of when you realized it, we are now in a state of massive change and uncertainty. Can we stop it from being a financial crisis for us?
Together, we can try.
AIEA Membership Discount
We have created a special COVID-19 discount code to provide a 20% discount on all annual memberships. It’s available to all; no questions asked.
- It will be available for the next ten weeks, until 31st May 2020
- It will apply to all annual memberships. It will not work on monthly renewing memberships.
- It is available to all: members and new members alike.
- The discount code is COVID-19.
Platforms for Member Content
AIEA provides a number of platforms to allow members to deliver their content to other members and to the public. Amongst these are
- Networking Events: These popular networking events were held at various locations throughout the country and typically ran for about two hours. This included a presentation by a guest speaker. AIEA Members were given precedence to be the guest speaker. However, the COVID-19 crisis has meant that the physical meetings have been cancelled and replaced with online Zoom Meetings. Check the Events page for details. https://aiea.org.au/Events
- Online Webinars and Workshops: These regular online events are designed to allow a Member to run a Zoom meeting on a suitable topic. https://www.aiea.org.au/EventPresentation. If it’s a paid webinar or workshop, AIEA will collect the ticket fees and remit 90% to you. the retained 10% will cover the PayPal fees and some overheads.
- The Online Store: The AIEA Store is a platform where Members can advertise their products and services and the financial transactions are handled by the AIEA finance gateway (PayPal). https://aiea.org.au/Store
- Member Sourced Resources: This is another platform for Members who wish to freely share the fruits of their labours with fellow members and the general public. https://aiea.org.au/Member-Sourced-Resources
- Our Bookshelf: A member may have written a book that is for sale on Amazon, etc. We will feature it here and provide a link to it. https://aiea.org.au/Our-Bookshelf
- Featured Members: Members have found that this facility brings new business opportunities to them from the employers who browse the site. http://tiny.cc/mmqtlz
- The BLOG: The AIEA Blog has been opened up as another avenue of communication. Everyone can read and comment. In addition, all members can now post. https://aiea.org.au/Blog. Don't stop there! Take that Blog and post it on the AIEA LinkedIn group and the Facebook page.
- Social Media: Make sure you have joined the AIEA pages on LinkedIn and Facebook.
The AIEA members are creative and resourceful people so, no doubt, new facilities will appear as their ideas take shape.
Survive and thrive together